Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Week 9 #22

I'm not a big reader of books at this time in my life. I'm lucky if I read my mail the same day I get it. Not enough time. I don't think this ebook thing would be the way to go if I were reading books. I explored the gutenberg site and broused their top 100. I chose two different titles to see what they were like and was really disappointed. Illustrations were omitted and there was just text on a white page. I cannot imagine reading a whole book at your computer! Call me old fashioned if you must, but give me a book with color and illustrations or something to invite me to read it. I must say though that the site wasn't complicated and the download was quite fast - a "+" in my opinion.

Net Library's greeting says "Welcome to the Welcome to the" - not a good thing for a University site. The ebook icons are not appealiing and neither were the titles.

I realized when I went to Safari that all I was going to find were intellectual or academic type materials. Great that they are available 24/7, but not for me.

No comments: